Thursday, June 19, 2008

Get Thirsty!

"I spread out my hands to you; my soul thirsts for you like a parched land." Psalm 143:6

How often do you thirst for God? Is it when times are tough? Is it when you have no hope? Why is it that most of us wait until we are at our wits end to cry out to God...especially when he loves us sooooo much.

If we truly know God, he is our comforter and friend. He is the deepest well we could ever find to quench the thirst of our soul. As I draw closer to God, I find that I'm at peace in his presence. For me, that's reason enough to spread my hands out to him on a daily basis.

It's not always easy though. I am human after all. I struggle with my flesh just like most of you. That's why we need to surround ourselves with other believers that can remind us to get focused on God's word and get back in his presence.

LaBrena and I have a rule....5 minute pity party, when necessary. Get it out and get back to God. He loves you and me and longs for us to have a close relationship with him. After all, he is God. Don't you think we owe it to him?

No comments: