Thursday, July 3, 2008

Something Majestic

"In the beginning God created the sky and the earth."  Genesis 1:1

I recently watched a movie where the main character, who was dying of cancer, created a list of all the things he wanted to do before he died.  One of the things on his list was to witness "something majestic".  The something he was referring to was Mount Everest.

As I sit on the back porch of our rental cabin in the mountains, I feel I've witnessed something majestic...God's creation.  From where I'm sitting, I see mountains for miles.  I see the still waters of the lake that show the reflection of the trees in the illuminating sun.  I feel the cool brisk breeze sweeping across my face.  It's so peaceful!

If you haven't taken the time to enjoy the outdoors and witness the beauty of God's creation, you have to put it on your list of things to do.  Whether you are in the mountains, at the beach, or even taking a walk in your neighborhood, remember to thank God for this beautiful land we call home and for all of the blessings he has bestowed upon you!

No comments: