Saturday, July 12, 2008

Give Thanks!

"It is good to give thanks to the Lord and to sing praises to your name, O Most High." Psalm 92:1



Vacation is over and it's back to reality. Schedules...jobs...the daily balancing act. All of which I am thankful for. As I returned to work this week, I was thanking God I had a job to return to. Many parents I consulted this week about dental care for their kids were either about to loose their jobs, had already been working less hours, or just simply could not afford to have another bill. If you haven't heard, times are tough for a lot of people right now. When you have to make a decision between paying for gas and food or taking your child to the dentist, you know things aren't good.



Feeling the burden of financial strain is one of the most difficult situations many people face today. It's hard to fathom that you work 40 hours a week and your pay check is gone before it gets to the bank. Believe me, I've been there. Not so long ago, I lost a house and vehicle because of poor planning, bad judgment, and not living in God's will. The divorce from my 1st husband left me broken and in bankruptcy. During that time, I can't say I was living for Christ, but I can tell you I was thankful for what I still had.



Looking back, I don't know why Christ chose to keep his hand on my life and bless me. I never became homeless and always had reliable transportation to get back and forth to work. I remember praying and crying out to God - why me? But I never said forgive me, I am a sinner.



The last thought in our fleshy minds is to say "thanks" when times are hard. I know now, I needed to get to a low point so I could look up and seek God. I can't do things on my own. I need the Lord to give me strength and stability. If you are going through a situation that you can't work out on your own, maybe it's time to allow Christ to intervene in your situation. Thank him for what your have, pray for forgiveness, ask him into your heart, and surrender your life to the King. What can you loose?

No comments: